Instagram @lilnasx / Photography Harley Weir, Styling Robbie SpencerMusic / NewsMusic / NewsLil Nas X says he wants Rihanna on a ‘Montero (Call Me By Your Name)’ remixWho doesn’t?ShareLink copied ✔️April 18, 2021April 18, 2021Text Thom Waite Lil Nas X – autumn 2019 Lil Nas X’s latest single, “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)”, has already received numerous remixes, continuing the trend established with his viral breakout hit, “Old Town Road”. So far, the controversial new hit has been transformed into a “24/7 lo-fi hip hop beats”-style track and a soundscape from the bathroom of hell, and now he has his sights set on potential collaborators. Specifically, Lil Nas X has singled out Rihanna and Bad Bunny as the ideal artists to feature on a reworked version of “Montero”, in a radio interview with Capital. Noting the rapper’s immediate response and glance off to the side, the host says: “It makes me feel like this may be already in the pipeline.” “I wish,” responds Lil Nas X, but adds that he doesn’t want to publicly call for the collab on Twitter, as he did with Billy Ray Cyrus, saying: “What if I ask for it? I don’t wanna jinx it.” “Montero (Call Me By Your Name)” remains at the top of the UK singles chart three weeks in, though it was temporarily removed from streaming services earlier this week. “It’s unfortunately out of our control but we are doing everything possible to keep the song up on streaming services,” said his label, Columbia Records, in a statement posted April 13. “We will keep you up to date as we hear more. Thank you for understanding.” In the meantime, Lil Nas X urged fans to screen record the audio off YouTube, and suggested that he’d stream the song on Pornhub if the streaming outages weren’t fixed. “Thank you to everyone for using your voices,” he wrote in an April 14 update. “I’m not placing any blame on the streaming services. Most people have said they are able to go and redownload. Please let me know if you guys still have a problem.” April 14 also saw Lil Nas X star alongside Dominic Fike in a hallucinatory video for Brockhampton’s latest single, “Count On Me”, directed by Kevin Abstract. thank you to everyone for using your voices. i’m not placing any blame on the streaming services. most people have said they are able to go and redownload. please let me know if you guys still have a problem. https://t.co/pjGd1CP2tw— nope 🏹 (@LilNasX) April 14, 2021Escape the algorithm! Get The DropEmail address SIGN UP Get must-see stories direct to your inbox every weekday. Privacy policy Thank you. You have been subscribed Privacy policy Expand your creative community and connect with 15,000 creatives from around the world.TrendingThe 5 best songs from Drake’s new albums (plural) We listened to all two hours and 40 minutes of Iceman, Habibti and Maid Of Honour, so you don’t have toMusicBeauty10 of the hottest Instagram accounts fusing art, sex and eroticaUGGFashionUGG is bringing the sun to London – here’s how to get involvedLife & CultureIs veganism a privilege? FashionWhy is Americana everywhere right now? SamsungLife & CultureWhat went down at Dazed Club’s drop-in skate session with SamsungBeautyNude awakening: Meet the young people embracing naturismLife & CultureLauren Scott on life after death, nudes & losing her armArt & PhotographySex, Clubs, Dissent: This photo book presents a history of queer nightlifeEscape the algorithm! Get The DropEmail address SIGN UP Get must-see stories direct to your inbox every weekday. Privacy policy Thank you. You have been subscribed Privacy policy