‘I have injuries that have plagued me since the beginning of the tour,’ the singer says
Madonna has cancelled the first London show of her international Madame X tour, originally scheduled for tomorrow (January 27). The singer announced the cancellation yesterday, in an Instagram post, apologising and adding that it’s due to ongoing injuries.
“Under doctors guidance I have been told to rest for a few days,” she writes. “As you all know, I have injuries that have plagued me since the beginning of the tour but I must always listen to my body and put my health first.”
“The last thing I want to do is disappoint my fans or compromise the integrity of my show.”
The tour, which revolves around her newest album, Madame X, has seen her perform runs in multiple cities across the US and Europe. Late last week, she also pulled out of a concert in Lisbon, shortly before she was due to perform.
Her next show at the London Palladium – which was supposed to be the second in a 15-date run – is still set to go ahead on Wednesday (January 29).
“I will keep going until I cannot,” she adds in the post. “Please know that it hurts me more than you can imagine to have to cancel any shows.”