Music / NewsMusic / NewsAll charges dropped in Rex Orange County sexual assault case‘I have always denied these allegations,’ says the musician in a new statementShareLink copied ✔️December 22, 2022December 22, 2022TextSofia Mahirova After being charged with six counts of sexual assault earlier this year, Rex Orange County – real name Alexander O’Connor – has now announced that all charges against him have been dropped. The decision has also been confirmed by the Crown Prosecution Service. In October 2022, the musician was accused of assaulting a woman on six occasions over the course of two days, June 1 and 2 – twice in London’s West End, once in a taxi, and three times at his own home in Notting Hill. At the time, he plead not guilty to all charges at Southwark Crown Court, and was set to face trial on January 3, 2023. In a new statement, posted to Instagram on December 22, O’Connor says that all charges against him have been dropped. “The Crown Prosecution Service reviewed the evidence and decided that there was no merit in this case going to trial, not guilty verdicts were entered to all the charges,” the statement reads. “I have always denied these allegations and am grateful that the independent evidence has cleared me of any wrongdoing. I have never assaulted anyone and I do not condone violence or abusive behaviour of any kind.” O’Connor also goes on to “clarify some details” and alleged “inaccuracies” surrounding the accusations, which he says he has not previously been able to address. “I was wrongly accused of touching someone one evening on their leg, neck, back, and bottom,” he says. “The only evidence against me was the individual’s account. However, CCTV footage obtained by the police contradicted their version of events.” Apparently, the individual’s partner was also present throughout the evening, and “gave a statement to the police which did not support the allegations” against O’Connor. “It’s been a difficult time for everyone involved,” the musician’s statement concludes. “I’d like to thank the people who have helped me through it as well as my family and loved ones for their continued support.” In July, O’Connor abruptly cancelled upcoming tour dates in Australia, New Zealand, and Europe due to “unforeseen personal circumstances”, which many speculated were linked to the accusations. However, there was no mention of the case in his apology to fans at the time. Escape the algorithm! Get The DropEmail address SIGN UP Get must-see stories direct to your inbox every weekday. Privacy policy Thank you. You have been subscribed Privacy policy Expand your creative community and connect with 15,000 creatives from around the world.READ MOREThe rise of North West in 5 tracksThe Moment: How A.G. Cook turned Brat summer into a nightmareSalomonWatch a mini documentary about the inner workings of SalomonWinter Olympics 2026: Ranking the best music from the figure skating eventsEverything we know about Beyoncé’s rumoured rock era Reebok What Went Down at Dazed and Reebok’s Classics Club NYFW partyI(nterne)t girl duo Mgna Crrrta share their pop culture picksThe stop-motion Lego chat show starring all your favourite artistsRap music isn’t dead – it’s evolvingThe Moment: 6 times musicians made their own filmsBerlin: Is the party finally over?Alt-pop yearner Sarah Kinsley shares her internet obsessionsEscape the algorithm! Get The DropEmail address SIGN UP Get must-see stories direct to your inbox every weekday. Privacy policy Thank you. You have been subscribed Privacy policy