Alongside the most cryptic interview ever, the electronic pioneer set to hit No Pain In Pop makes us an exclusive mix soaring between the likes of Autechre and Four Tet
Typically influenced by old house tunes, Factory and Warp Records, to shoegaze and post punk, Patten has fused his varied inputs to form new disjointed electronic results set to grace cult London imprint No Pain In Pop this year. Giving nothing (but Wikipedia links) away in his 'interview', he lets the music do the talking in an exclusive mix for us featuring the likes of Autechre, Four Tet and ESG. Catch his prismatic and ethereal sounds live this Friday 26th August at East London's Visions Video Bar with HTRK, and Trippple Nippples.
...your secret talent?
...your worst vice?
…the story behind your name?
... your favourite sound?
...your worst fashion secret?
...your favourite website?
...at the top of your shit list?
...are you listening to now?
How would you describe your work?
1. ALAK - Doc's new super Leo
2. The Focus Group - The New Activity
3. The Congos - Ark of the Covenant
4. Roof Light - Non Place Urban Field
5. ESG - UFO
6. Group Inerane - Nadan Al Kazawnin
7. Mi Ami - Freed From Sin
8. Eric Martin - Emergency (Steve Poindexter re-edit)
9. Stereolab - The Flower Called Nowhere
10. Autechre - Characi
11. Sibylle Baier - William
12. Factory Floor - I Just Left These as Attempts
13. Madlib - Soon the New Day (Instrumental)
14. Arch M - jansens cviciv
15. The Breeders - Doe
16. Four Tet - Calamine (Radio Version)
17. F. Kenya - Memia (I Am Too Broke)
18. Patten - LL2
PATTEN - 'GLAQJO XAACSSO' | OUT 26th September 2011 ON NO PAIN IN POP | 12” LP and DL | NPIP027