Pin It
ecstasy
The ‘Mastercard’ ecstasy pillvia doctordvoxnnammn.onion.link

Police issue warning over dangerous ‘Mastercard’ drug

A teenage girl has died after taking the ecstasy pill this bank holiday weekend

A 17-year-old girl has died after taking a “Mastercard” ecstasy pill this weekend, prompting police to issue an urgent health warning to any other potential users.

The Manchester teenager reportedly had an adverse reaction to the small pink drug – seen above – during the early hours of Monday morning. According to The Guardian, police were called to the scene at around 5am after hearing that a teenager had fallen ill.

“We are appealing to anyone who may have taken this form of ecstasy, known as ‘MasterCard’, to get checked out urgently,” pleaded DI Helen Bell, of the Trafford police division. “Even if you took it some hours ago, this pill will still be in your system and could be seriously harming your health.”

The girl apparently took the drug at an event called Don’t Let Daddy Know (DLDK), which was attended by around 5,000 people. She was then taken to hospital in the early hours of this morning, before dying there a short time later.

“Sadly we know it is very unlikely that the girl was the only person to have taken this drug last night,” continued Bell. “This is a tragic situation – the death of a young person is always devastating – but in these circumstances, it is all the more heartbreaking. My thoughts are with her family and friends at this time.”

Have you, or anyone you know, taken a Mastercard pill this weekend? Do you know more about where they might have come from? If so, you can contact police on 0161 856 7662 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.