Banjo or Freakout aka Alessio Natalizia is an Italian music artist based in Hackney, London. Making his trademark lonely under-water ambient sounds, Natalizia discovered the world of electronic music through his girlfriend’s laptop during one faithful night of boredom in 2006. Since then, he has released a number of tracks, most recently his new self-titled album through music label Memphis Industries, which has lead to him being hailed as one of the essential UK live acts around. Now on tour in America, Natalizia returns to the UK stage mid April and again in May at Camden Crawl.
Can you recommend...
... three new artists?
- Echo Lake: best reverb band in London on No Pain In Pop
- Snortex: Sam's (my partner in Walls) splendid new project
- Margot: joyful Italo kraut and more on Border Community
... three old artists?
- Thai Orchestra: apparently recorded in the late 70s somewhere in Thailand their S/T album is essential and totally unmissable.
- Bobb Trimble: the king of doubled falsetto.
- The United States of America: despite releasing only one Lp they were the most revolutionary band of the late '60s.
... a record label?
Numero Group and Soul Jazz responsible of so many incredible releases.
... a website?
... a film?
... a book?
Zeno's Conscience by Italo Svevo
... something on Youtube?
I love this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpV7L--cQ8s&feature=fvst
... a place to eat/shop?
It has to be my local cafe' on broadway market called Gossip.
... something to do on a day off?
Eat healthy, sleep, go record shopping, more sleep, go to the zoo.
... an alcoholic beverage?
Moscow Mule - ginger beer, vodka and lime juice.
... a song everyone should hear?
Beach Boys 'Till I Die (Desper mix)
Photos by Robert Bellamy
Buy tickets here for Banjo or Freakout's show at The Macbeth, April 19