Terms & Conditions
'Reveal the Real You' Terms & Conditions
1. The Promoter being the person who is legally responsible for operating it is Waddell Ltd whose registered office is at 2 Arundel Street, London WC2R 3DA UK.
2. Submissions are open to all residents of Great Britain aged 18 or over, with the exception of employees of the Waddell Ltd, Huawei Technologies (UK) Co. Ltd or Doner Limited and their immediate families. Submission are not open to residents of Northern Ireland.
3. Submissions are free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
4. The competition is outlined over (3) three main phases:
Phase 1 – Pitch Submission
- Submission open 10:30am 4th September and closes 23:59pm on 1st October 2017. On the Dazed website through a dedicated submission form.
Phase 2 – Shortlist of photographers
- 20 x shortlisted photographers will be notified and sent a Huawei phone by 10th October 2017.
- Shortlisted photographers to submit 10 images between 16th – 22nd October 2017.
- Shortlist photographers to upload their 10 images to their social media channels from week commencing 30th October 2017.
Phase 3 - Bursaries
- Independent Judges to review submissions w/c 6th November 2017
- Three (3) winners to be selected by 17th November 2017, the corresponding charities / communities to be notified and awarded their £10,000 bursary
- One entrant will be awarded an outdoor exhibition, ‘Living Gallery’, to display their work at an agreed location.
Phase 1 – Submissions
5. Submissions open to entries from 10:30 GMT on 4th September 2017
6. The closing date for submissions is 23:59 GMT on 1stOctober 2017. The Promoter reserves the right to extend the closing date at any time prior to the closing date, if in the Promoter’s opinion it is necessary.
7. To enter, use the submission page on DazedDigital.com with responses to the questions outlined below and accompanied by 3 - 5 relevant examples of your photographic portfolio that are less than 10MB total
2. Phone number
3. What is the cause or community in the UK that you’d like to document?
4. How does this Reveal the Real You?
5. What will the £10,000 bursary support for your community?
8. Please attach a PDF with relevant examples of your photography.Entries must be correctly submitted by the closing date of submissions. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries or information that is incomplete, incorrectly submitted or fails to reach the Promoter by the closing date for any reason.
9. Submissions are limited to one entry per person.
Phase 2 – Shortlist Photographers
10. The Shortlist selection of 20 submissions will be determined between 3-6th October 2017.
11. The 20 shortlisted photographers will be contacted by 9th October 2017 by the Promoter and will be sent a Huawei P10 phone to shoot their 10 images.
12. The Shortlisted photographers will need to submit their 10 images, shot on the Huawei P10 phone between 13th – 20th October 2017.
13. Upon approval from the Promoter, the Shortlisted photographers will need upload their 10 images to their social media channels from week commencing 30th October 2017. 10 images which may be used on the Huawei Europe website and Dazed website, Dazed and Huawei social media, an outdoor Living Gallery, a Wrap Book encompassing the span of the project.
14. All images MUST be shot in RAW format on the Huawei P10 phone.
15. You must use the Huawei P10 provided and cannot use a Digital SLR or professional camera equipment to enter this Competition.
16. You cannot submit images which are treated with post production or desktop image processing software, programs or applications. The use of the Huawei P10 default camera app is permissible. We reserve the right to request that your verify compliance with this section. Images that cannot be verified as shot on the Huawei P10 shall be disqualified.
17. The submitted images must be your own original work. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as your original work.
18. If other persons can be identified in the photo apart from the participant, such images may only be submitted by the participant if the third party/parties has/have consented to this and there is no infringement upon any third party privacy or other rights.
19. Submissions containing any defamatory, obscene, illegal, offensive, or any other unsuitable material will be disqualified and withdrawn by the Promoter. Submissions must be suitable to be published or used online by the Promoter.
20. The participant hereby grants Huawei Technologies (UK) Co. Ltd a non-exclusive, irrevocable, freely assignable right, for the period of (1) year from the first date of the Reveal The Real project launch on 4th September 2017, for which sublicenses may be issued, to use the submitted images by way of all known and currently unknown types of use.
21. The rights of use include – Western Europe – Huawei Technologies (UK) Co. Ltd have the right to copy, modify, process, publish and market the submitted images and to publish the images in prominent public media locations (including on Huawei’s websites, Huawei’s PR and marketing activities, print and in retail, globally). This grant of rights is free of charge and royalty-free.
22. Based on completion of providing the full 10 images participants are able to keep the Huawei P10 phone.
23. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. Each Huawei P10 phone will be dispatched to the shortlisted photographer’s address (which must be within the UK) within 14 days following the closing date submissions.
Phase 3 – Bursaries
25. Three (3) bursaries of £10,000 will be awarded based on a review by an independent judging panel, who will select entries that most originally and creatively capture the following judging criteria:
1. images of high creative quality; and
2. capture the essence of the campaign “Reveal The Real You” ; and;
3. images relate to a local community in the UK that the photographer is interested in supporting
26. The judging panel will consist of a minimum of 2 independent experts.
27. Bursaries will be awarded to the governing board or similar of the (3) three registered communities referenced in the (3) three shortlists submissions. Bursaries will be awarded from 23rd November 2017. The governing boards or similar of each community will be required to share their intended plans for use of the funds for potential inclusion in future PR communications and activity by Huawei.
28. Payment to the community(which must be within the UK) will be made within 14 days following the 7th December, to be made by Doner Limited, Huawei’s appointed marketing agency for this project. The registered community will need to provide bank details for funds to be completed via bank transfer. No charge will be made for delivery.
29. Any failure on the part of the winners to meet the eligibility requirements set out in these terms and conditions may result in the winner forfeiting their entitlement to the prize and you hereby acknowledge that in such circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant.
30. One entrant will be awarded an outdoor exhibition, ‘Living Gallery’, to display their work at an agreed location. All images taken on the Huawei P10 and submitted as part will be subject to the usages in Point 20 and Point 21.
31. In the event that shortlist artists do not communicate his/her acceptance of the phone by email to REVEAL@DAZEDMEDIA.COM by 23.59 GMT on 28th September 2017, by phone to+ 44 0207 3360766 the Promoter reserves the right withdraw the offer.
32. At the sole and absolute discretion of the Promoter any shortlist selections may be requested to provide the Promoter with proof that they are the holder of the email address submitted with the winning entry and that their entry is otherwise in compliance with these terms and conditions.
The shortlist selection names may be made available online and/or on request to those writing to the Promoter, Dazed Media, 2 Arundel Street, London WC2R 3DA
By entering a submission all entrants will be deemed to have agreed to their name being disclosed in this manner if they are shortlisted or win
3. Entrants may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of all terms and conditions before receiving their prize.
4. In the event that you breach these Terms and Conditions, you shall be automatically disqualified from the shortlist or bursary and ineligible to be awarded any awards in connection with the submissions, shortlist or bursary.
5. The Promoter makes no representation or warranty regarding the submissions and/or the nature or quality of the prize and any conditions, warranties or other terms implied by statute or common law are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. Neither the Promoter nor Huawei Limited takes any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant as a result of accepting the prize provided that nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the Promoter’s or Huawei Technologies (UK) Co. Ltd’s liability for death or personal injury caused as a result of their negligence.
7. If any clause or part of a clause of these terms and conditions is, or becomes, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, then that clause or part of a clause shall be deemed to be deleted from these terms and conditions. Any such deemed deletion shall not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of the remainder of these submission terms and conditions.
8. The selection is organised under and is subject to English law. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising out of these – Reveal The Real You Terms and Conditions.
9. Huawei Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd is sponsoring the prize(s) only and is not responsible for the Reveal The Real You competition, its operation or otherwise. All enquiries concerning the operating of the submissions should be addressed to the Promoter.
-End of 'Reveal the Real You' Terms & Conditions-
The use of this website is provided subject to the following terms and conditions. Please read this User Agreement carefully.
In visiting DazedDigital.com you are agreeing to be legally bound by the following terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the site.
If you do not agree with the rules contained in this Agreement, please do not use the Service.
Dazed Digital may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting online. Please review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes. To continue to use DazedDigital.com after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of the site:
All material on the site is the property of DazedDigital.com, unless otherwise stated.
Unless content carries the a “share” icon you may not copy, reproduce, download, post, make available to the public, or otherwise use DazedDigital.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
You also agree, on entering this site, not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from the site content except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
You agree to use DazedDigital.com only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of DazedDigital.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within DazeDdigital.com.
We use several common tracking tools on our website. Our vendors may also use these tools. These may include browser cookies. We may also use web beacons, flash cookies, and similar technologies.
We use these tools to: Recognize new or past users, improve our website, collect information about your browsing history, better understand the interests of our users and web site visitors and serve them with the most relevant content
You can control tracking tools
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, which we may use on our website from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings. If you block cookies on your browser, certain features on our website may not work. If you block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this Policy will stop.
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
We implement Google Analytics features that use Display Advertising information for Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising, to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, by going to the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
The content of DazedDigital.com, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to DazedDigital.com or Dazed & Confused its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Contributions to Dazed Digital
Where you are invited to submit any contribution to DazedDigital.com you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant DazedDigital the right to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate create derivitative works from, distribute, preform, play, make available to the public, and / or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed.
You warrant that your contribution:
Is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available for purposes specified aboveIt is not defamatoryIt does not infringe on any law
You agree to indemnify Dazed Digital against all legal fees, damages, and other expenses that may be incurred by Dazed Digital as a result of your breach of the above warranty, and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on DazedDigital.com and the purposes specified above.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.