Vivienne Westwood's models had scars and drawn-on moustaches. 'Revolution' was the word that sang out on her show notes. Both scars and moustaches, of brawn and brains, might be the facial adornments you'd see in a good one. The collection knew that too, with activist get up and suits side-by-side.
"The fact of man-made climate change is accepted by most people," says Westwood. "Through every walk of life people are changing their values and their behaviour. This continues to build the Revolution. The fight is no longer between the classes or between rich and poor but between the idiots and the eco conscious."
HOW TO JOIN THE REVOLUTION
1) Money is a means to an end, not an end in itself.
2) Quality v Quantity.
3) Buy less, choose well, make it last (we don't want the "latest thing" just for the sake of it). "I never waste money, I spend it" – Oscar Wilde. Maybe you'll give a donation to an NGO or charity.
4) Prepare and cook your own food.
5) Cut out plastic when possible, for instance making a plastic bottle consumes 50 times the amount of water than it contains.
6) Inform yourselves.
7) NGO's: there are thousands, follow one in particular and give your support. You will learn a lot.
8) Consider the responsibility of not having or having children.
9) Take an active part in the Revolution as it starts to build.
10) Engage in art and culture (get off the consumer treadmill; discriminate, don't suck up).
Visit Westwood's revolution blog, 'Get a Life'.