Music / NewsMusic / NewsMarilyn Manson former assistant’s sexual assault lawsuit dismissedThe ruling also prohibits Ashley Walters from refiling the chargesShareLink copied ✔️May 26, 2022May 26, 2022Text James Greig A sexual assault lawsuit filed against Marilyn Manson by his former personal assistant, Ashley Walters, has been dismissed. In part, this is due to a legal technicality: Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Stern ruled that Walters’ allegations of battery, harassment and sexual assault surpassed California’s two-year statute of limitations. “The plaintiff has pleaded too few facts and too late to keep this case in court,” he wrote in his ruling, which prohibits Walters from refiling the charges. Walters first sued Manson in May 2021, having worked for the musician between 2010 and 2011. She also named Manson’s record label as a co-defendant. In March of this year, Walters filed an amended lawsuit in which she explained that she had suppressed memories of Manson’s alleged abuse until recently. She also said that she had felt threatened by his legal team after appearing in Phoenix Rising, a critical documentary about the musician produced by Rachel Evan Woods, his ex-fiancée, who has also alleged serious abuse. When Walters first met Manson, she was an aspiring photographer. She told The Cut that Manson offered her creative opportunities, before going on to emotionally and physically abuse her. According to reports, Manson subjected her to toxic reporting environments, once forced her to work for 48 hours straight, prevented her from seeing other family members, and invited his friends to sexually assault her, among other allegations. Following Evan Wood’s going public with her allegations against Manson, more than a dozen accusers have come forward. As it stands, Manson is facing three separate lawsuits related to abuse: Game of Thrones actress Esmé Bianco, model Ashley Morgan Smithline, and an anonymous ‘John Doe’ plaintiff all have pending lawsuits against him. Manson himself, meanwhile, is suing Evan Woods for defamation, a situation, which echoes the Depp-Heard trial. “This is what pretty much every survivor that tries to expose someone in a position of power goes through, and this is part of the retaliation that keeps survivors quiet. This is why people don’t want to come forward. This was expected,” Evan Woods told The View earlier this year. Escape the algorithm! Get The DropEmail address SIGN UP Get must-see stories direct to your inbox every weekday. Privacy policy Thank you. You have been subscribed Privacy policy Expand your creative community and connect with 15,000 creatives from around the world.TrendingHow Prince almost ended up in The Fifth ElementThe Purple One backed out because Jean Paul Gaultier’s costumes were ‘too effeminate’Arts+CultureFilm & TV7 sex worker-approved films about sex workMaison Margiela FragrancesEventWhat went down at Maison Margiela’s ‘The Scentsorium Collection’ launchMusicThe 5 best songs from Drake’s new albums (plural) Life & CultureThe internet wants women to stop acting like birdsBeauty10 of the hottest Instagram accounts fusing art, sex and eroticaFashionWhy is Americana everywhere right now?BeautyNude awakening: Meet the young people embracing naturism SamsungLife & CultureWhat went down at Dazed Club’s drop-in skate session with SamsungEscape the algorithm! Get The DropEmail address SIGN UP Get must-see stories direct to your inbox every weekday. Privacy policy Thank you. You have been subscribed Privacy policy