Dazed is looking for a dynamic Advertising Assistant to provide the commercial team with administrative and operational support
Dazed Media is an independent media group renowned for producing award winning stories across its industry leading print, digital and video brands. The company’s portfolio includes some of the world’s most influential titles including AnOther, Another Man, and Dazed. The company’s newest division, Dazed Studio creates innovative brand campaigns across the luxury and lifestyle sectors. Based in London and formed in 1991 its founders are Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Commercial team work with a multitude of brands across all sectors, bringing in the revenue for all of Dazed Media’s on and offline platforms and creative partnerships for Dazed Media Studio.
The Advertising Assistant within Dazed Media’s Commercial Team is responsible for providing all administrative and operational support to the entire Commercial Team. Primarily an organisational function, this role also has aspects of cultural support to ensure smooth communication not just within the department but also across the group as a whole. Aligned with our advertising sales team you will support the Studio’s project management team to deliver a wide range of bespoke commercial projects.
Central to this role is the timely and accurate maintenance of various reports and records.
- Magazine send outs
- Advertising Mailing List – coordinating with Ad team
- General ad requests
– Sending media packs
– Sending on-sale dates / copy deadline dates / distribution stats
– Completing media overviews for brands/agencies
– Responding to requests in the partnerships inbox and redirecting when necessary
– Helping with print and/or digital proposals and bookings
– Sending anniversaries and managing these bookings
– Remind sales team on their anniversary brands
– Find placements for new bookings or movements
– Cross checking booking sheet, flat plan and IO's
– Sending IO's and completing Scope of Works
- Managing post campaign reports on KPIs and case studies / one pagers
- Managing partnership requests in the partnerships inbox, passing briefs to the right member of the sales team when necessary
- Keeping ad comparison documents up-to-date and keeping the team informed on digital and print leads weekly, identifying new sales opportunities
- Update target boards weekly, keeping the team informed on projects booked against quarterly targets
- Organisation and planning of Editor’s Days and sales Meetings, including
– Coordinating diaries for relevant personnel
– Booking travel, hotels, etc
– Support scheduling of itineraries
– Printing media packs and issue previews where appropriate
- Managing the update of media packs which are refreshed every year before sales meetings start, liaising with editors, sales team and designers to finalise
- Arranging Issue Previews days and ensuring the creation of issue preview decks, coordinating their production by editorial teams and designers
- Relevant creative talent research for client decks
- Recording credits and updating credits document for the editorial teams
- Supporting the commercial teams small scale projects
- Support Account Managers communication with clients, responding to feedback and sharing with internal team
- Liaising with Italian Media agency to support and coordinate print bookings and projects
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements.
First of all you will have extremely strong organisational skills and the ability to communicate across all levels. This is a fast-paced environment and you’ll be able to show that you remain calm under pressure, are a capable multi-tasker, and can prioritise a hectic workload and schedule.
Terms: Full-time, permanent role, Monday-Friday 09:30am-18:00pm.
Holiday: 20 days annual leave in addition to statutory public holidays, with an additional 3 days paid leave between Christmas and New Year
Location: Office located just off Strand, London WC2
How to apply: Email your CV with a single-page cover letter together with your salary expectations and any notice period you have in your current role to firstname.lastname@example.org with Advertising Assistant in the subject heading.