Autopsy results have confirmed that footwork pioneer DJ Rashad died of a drug overdose. The legendary Chicago producer was found dead in his apartment in April.
NBC Chicago reports that toxicological tests show that heroin, cocaine and alprazolam – or Xanax – were found in Rashad's system at the time of death. His death was ruled an accident.
The 35-year-old producer, born Rashad Harden, is credited with breaking footwork out of its Chicago confines and bringing it to the wider world with his Teklife crew. His influence was felt all over Europe, and even as far as Belgrade, Serbia.