Ahead of the release of his first solo EP on the Greco-Roman label (of Joe Goddard, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs and Drums of Death), Vampire Weekend's Chris Baio makes us an exclusive new mix and chats to us about his weird foldy tongue and terrible diet...
...your party trick?
I can do that thing where you fold your tongue up. It never fails to underwhelm at a party. Daniel Radcliffe can do it too! http://anythinghollywood.com/wp-content/2012/02/daniel_radcliffe_el_hormiguero_video_grab_3-460x371.jpg
...your worst vice?
Roughly 80% of my diet is vice.
... your favourite sound?
Silence after a long and loud night.
...your favourite website?
... the best thing about where you're from?
Lots of great food & friends nearby.
...better, analogue or digital?
I love stuff that channels both really well. For working I prefer digital.
...your worst fashion secret?
I had bleached-blonde hair in high school. Twice.
...are you listening to now?
Orthy - Suenos (AA Disco Fix)
How would you describe your work?
Sometimes it's a guy with a receding hairline and bad posture slumping in front of a computer screen. Other times it's a guy with a receding hairline and bad posture playing bass while standing up.
1. Ukraine: There's a Well in the Field [Folk Song]
2. CT - This Bitch [Baio Edit]
3. Cole Medina - Halleluhwah
4. Superbreak - Freakin' Time [SB Disco Edit]
5. Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair [Seegweed Edit]
6. Baio - Tanto [feat. Matias Aguayo]
7. Dent May - Best Friend [Prins Thomas Remix]
8. Strategy - The Fixer
9. Baio - The Silent [Rough Mix]
10. Kasso - Brazilian Dancer [Bottin Razorblade Edit]
11. DJ Cobra - El Dengue
12. Altiplano El Canto Indoamericano - Cantemos El Taki Takirari
13. WIll McLaren - Coney Island