Dazed is hiring a Photographic Editor
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, Hunger and Nowness.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Media Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
Select clients: Alexander McQueen, Apple, Beats by Dre, Belstaff, Burberry, Chanel, Channel 4, Converse, Diesel, Gucci, Liberty, LVMH, Mercedes-Benz, Miu, Miu, Nike, Ray-Ban, Samsung, Swarovski.
Photographic Editor, Dazed & Dazed Digital
Plan, coordinate and deliver Photographic production on Dazed Magazine and Dazed Digital.
Reporting to: Editor In Chief, Dazed Magazine
Terms: Full time role. 23 days annual leave plus public holidays. Office located on 2 Arundel Street, London WC2R 3DA. Creative and dynamic working environment.
Duties, responsibilities and deliverables:
Photographic Commissioning & Production, Dazed Magazine
● Work closely with the Creative Director and Art Director to select and commission photography.
● Oversee production on all editorial shoots working alongside Dazed’s Photo Producer, managing shoot logistics including; studio or location hire, optioning hair, make-up and stylists and booking travel.
● Have regular and clear communication with Dazed’s Photographic Producer, Fashion and Editorial Teams on all ongoing projects.
● Attend all commissioning meetings.
● Nurture Dazed’s longstanding relationships with existing contributors and photography, styling, hair and make-up agencies; while continuing to foster new relationships.
● Oversee the scheduling of all editorial photo shoots; managing the workflow and ensuring that all projects are commissioned to deadline.
● Ensure all photography commissioning agreements are signed, returned and filed.
● Manage drafting and negotiating talent and model exclusivity contracts with the support of Dazed’s Casting Director and Executive Booking Director.
● Allocate, manage and update shoot production budgets. Work closely with accounts team to reconcile budgets at close of issue.
● Maintain direct and clear communication with the Print Production and Design Team to ensure all photographic content is delivered in the correct format and on schedule.
● Collate image production credits, check and sign off layouts.
● Express ideas for better efficiency, and help find solutions for production problems.
● Review portfolios and reels to develop talent list for Dazed and Dazed digital.
● Collaborate with the online and print editors to commission exclusive video and photography content for dazeddigital.com and for Dazed’s social channels to promote features in Dazed. Manage image edits with the editorial team.
● Support the online editors in the commissioning of Fashion Week photography and social content.
● Commission teams and oversee production for any fashion features on dazeddigital.com
Skills, experience & personal attributes:
● Passion for photography, film and art
● Knowledgeable about photographers, videographers with a strong network of professional connections nationally and internationally.
● Experience within a photography agency, established publishing company or online media preferred
● Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate across all levels, building strong working relationships.
● Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure; handling multiple projects in a fast paced environment
● Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills.
● Flexible approach and ability to work well independently
● Proficiency in Photoshop, In Design, Excel and Word.
How to apply:
Email your CV and 1 page cover letter in PDF format letter, together with your salary expectations and any notice period you have in your current role to firstname.lastname@example.org with Photographic Editor, Dazed in the subject heading
This role is full-time and based in London. You must hold the required visa to live and work in the U.K.
No Agencies please.
This job post will remain live until we have filled the position.