Dazed Media is hiring someone to be Head of Digital
About the role: Head of Digital, Dazed Media
Reporting to: Publishing Director and CEO
Dazed Media is looking for an experienced Head of Digital to lead and deliver the digital strategy across the group.
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand. We are the most inspiring way to reach the world’s most influential audiences through our curated network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Digital to lead and deliver the digital strategy across the group. With responsibilities across digital product, social media, audience development and technology, you will have both product and commercial acumen, technical and project management experience, alongside an expert understanding of content and content strategy across both owned and operated platforms.
- Ensure the audience growth and development across Dazed Media Platforms is aligned with the commercial objectives
- Set monthly growth and engagement targets for Editorial and Social across the group, and with the help of the Data Manager’s reports, ensure the teams are aware of their achievements
- Manage the social media, tech, data and digital teams, from day-to-day direct management, through to long term role development
- Devise, plan, and implement the digital roadmap for ongoing maintenance, product enhancements and new digital features
- In monthly meetings, brief the rest of senior management team on audience growth, insights, engagement, competitor benchmarking, across all measurable areas of the business
- Work closely with the Commercial, Marketing and Editorial teams to jointly deliver the digital targets for revenue, audience, and audience engagement
- Implement strategic processes and workflow as team and digital output expands
- Work with Dazed Studio project teams to provide the lead on digital projects, and advise on design, technical and best practice
- Develop and deliver new concepts for digital products that meet the group’s ambitions for cultural and commercial engagement with audiences through our existing digital assets and in emerging platforms
- Provide the lead on new content analysis and distribution strategies, identify untapped growth opportunities
- Lead on all product execution activities, including procurement and management of technology partners, commercial negotiation with third parties
- Identify opportunities for strategic partnerships, build relationships with the digital and media marketplace
- Maintain an emphasis on commercially-led creativity and continuous improvement in user engagement through innovation
- Champion a data-led strategy working closely with and advising the editorial teams on content strategy to achieve growth and engagement targets
- Represent the company in external meetings or conferences when required
Skills, experience & personal attributes:
- Proven experience in a Head of Digital role, or a similar operational role within a fast-paced digital environment
- A strong understanding of the Dazed Media brands and market position and an interest in fashion, music, art & culture desirable
- Excellent understanding of the commercial landscape within the digital publishing industry
- Excellent management skills with a proven track record in leading a successful digital team
- A real passion for digital and the trends in the industry
- Proven ability to deliver digital product in a publishing context
- Understanding software/web product development processes in a publishing context
- A data led, audience focused mentality to digital leadership with expert experience of using analytical tools to derive strategic insights
- Effective communicator with experience working across tech, design, social and editorial to drive hard decisions, influencing cross-functional teams in order to make the right and best choices, and can distill quantitative insights in a way that all teams can easily digest
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements.
This role is full-time and based in London.
You must have the legal right to live and work in the U.K
How to apply: Email your CV and 1 page cover letter in PDF format, together with your salary expectations and any notice period you have in your current role to email@example.com with ‘Head of Digital’ in the subject heading
Written November 2018