Dazed Media is hiring a Social Media Editor for Dazed Beauty
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, Hunger and Nowness.
The company also encompasses a pioneering creative studio, award-winning video production, exclusive events, industry-leading talent network and efficient third-party distribution. Dazed Media Studio specialises in fashion, luxury and lifestyle communications. We partner with the world’s most ambitious brands and agencies to create brave, pioneering ideas for a global influencer community.
About the role: Social Media Editor, Dazed Beauty
Reporting to: Head of Social, Dazed Media
Duties, responsibilities & deliverables
- Work with the Head of Social and Head of Digital to implement the strategy for Dazed Beauty social media (SM) channels
- Own and develop community management across the Dazed Beauty channels
- Distribute editorial content in formats relevant for the different SM channels, implementing a social-native strategy where appropriate
- Edit social video for Instagram (grid and Stories) and Facebook
- Feed into video production with Dazed Beauty’s Video Producer
- Write copy for social media posts and in response to audience in certain circumstances
- Identify trending topics to feed back to editorial team with suggestions for how to react
- Discuss and advise on different formats/assets at the content development stage that would enhance the effectiveness of SM postings
- Help the Head of Social to report on SM performance
- Support the commercial team with ideation, proposals and activation
Skills, experience & personal attributes:
- Experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr and Pinterest
- Experience in video editing tools such as Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience using social media platforms such as Tweetdeck, Facebook Analytics and Buzzsumo
- Understanding of digital storytelling, social distribution and analytics
- Eager to respond quickly and occasionally at weekends/evenings when there is breaking news
- Confident working independently and productively as a member of a collaborative team
- Open to sharing ideas, accepting constructive feedback to benefit you, your projects and your team
- Full of passion, energy and enthusiasm and eager to work in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about beauty, fashion, art, youth culture, music and design
- Great time management, attention to detail, and multitasking skills
- Willingness to work weekends during peak times such as fashion weeks
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
Location: London WC2. This role is primarily office based requiring occasional national and international travel.
Terms: Full-time, Monday to Friday, 10am – 6.30pm
Send your CV and one-page Cover Letter as a PDF document. Include links to online portfolio.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Social Media Editor, Dazed Beauty”.
Deadline: end-August 2018