Dazed Media is hiring a production manager to join our NOWNESS team
NOWNESS is a movement for creative excellence in storytelling, celebrating the extraordinary of every day. Launched in 2010, NOWNESS’ unique programming strategy has established it as the go-to source of inspiration and influence across art, design, fashion, beauty, music, food, and travel. Our curatorial expertise and award-winning approach to storytelling is unparalleled. We work with exceptional talent, and both established and emerging filmmakers which connect our audience to emotional and sensorial stories designed to provoke inspiration and debate.
NOWNESS is a global video channel screening the best in culture, and is powered by Dazed Media, the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand. Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, and NOWNESS.
We are based in London and we’re excited to be recruiting for a core member of our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Production Manager, NOWNESS
The Production Manager works under the supervision of the Managing Editor, but with the whole Nowness team, to oversee and coordinate our varied, international slate of in-house commissions and branded videos.
You will be responsible for overseeing our videos from a production perspective from ideation to delivery with a keen eye on budgets, schedules and contracts. You will be based in the Nowness office, but act as a primary contact and support for external production companies.
You should have a background in or knowledge of production and be able work alone as well as be a key member of a small team.
Job Title: Production Manager
Reporting to: Managing Editor, Editorial Director
- Manage the commissioning slate from a production perspective and work with the Nowness team to develop timelines and project plans for in-house commissions and branded content
- Monitor all in-house and branded videos from ideation to delivery, ensuring budgets and timelines are adhered to
- Liaise closely with external filmmakers and production companies to track progress of videos
- Project manage branded videos
- Serve as an intermediary between clients / agencies and production companies on branded campaigns, working closely with the Nowness branded video commissioner
- With support from the Managing Editor, be responsible for the contractual and rights elements of each video – ie director agreements, third party rights such as music and locations
- Review and optimise workflow to improve efficiency
- Ensure quality control of all videos
- Support the wider Nowness team regarding all production matters
- Internal budget management, liaising with the finance department to process invoices and ensure timely payments
- Coordinating all production updates and documents required for team meetings on a weekly basis
- Assist the commissioning team with pitches and branded proposals
- Assist the finance team with processing of team and office expenses
- Maintain relationships with production companies, post production houses, studios and filmmakers
Knowledge and skills
- Experience in film, TV, commercial or online video production
- Ability to oversee productions, interrogate budgets and schedules
- Knowledge of legal agreements and familiarity with contracting. Experience of negotiation useful
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Problem solving
- Understanding of the Nowness aesthetic and audience
Terms: Full-time, permanent role, Monday-Friday 10:00am-18:30pm.
Holiday: 20 days annual leave in addition to statutory public holidays, with an additional 3 days paid leave between Christmas and New Year.
Location: Office located just off Strand, London WC2
How to apply: Email your CV with a single-page cover letter together with your salary expectations and any notice period you have in your current role to email@example.com with Production Manager, NOWNESS in the subject heading.