Dazed Media are looking for a Junior Digital Media Designer to work within design guidelines to artwork digital and video assets across our social channels and websites.
Dazed Media is the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand.
Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, Hunger and Nowness.
About the role: Junior Digital Media Designer, Dazed Media
Reporting to the Senior Digital Designer, you will work within design guidelines to artwork digital and video assets across our social channels and websites. You'll need a keen eye for design, photography and typography and appreciate the fine balance between visual design and usability. Experience of working in digital and video is desirable, but a digital mindset and willingness to develop these skills is key to the role. The successful candidate will be expected to create designs and assets that meet requirements on a daily basis in a fast paced environment. This includes but is not limited to, working on in-house and branded social content and visual assets for websites, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest, as well as graphic assets for video across all the social channels.
Duties, responsibilities & deliverables
- Preparing video and digital assets including GIFs, resizing imagery, producing designs, creating collages, basic illustration
- Creating design assets for social-optimised video with typography and visual elements
- Working to established visual guidelines and creating assets that have a clear brand aesthetic
Skills, experience & personal attributes
- A strong design portfolio with great typography and layout skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- A strong design sensibility with the ability to work within established styles and guidelines
- Good understanding of digital design and current trends
- Great communication skills and ability to integrate feedback from multiple sources
- A collaborative team player but also able to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and maintain attention to detail
- An understanding of digital media formats
- Good technical knowledge including digital specifications for video formats and social platforms
- Video editing and animation experience, working knowledge of After Effects
- Proven experience of designing for mobile and social media
- Experience within the creative industry, preferably in an in-house role
- Knowledge of the digital publishing, advertising and social landscape
- Interest in developing digital design skills further
How to apply:
Email your CV, 1 page cover letter and portfolio showing examples of your work (as a PDF max file size 5MB or link to website), together with your salary expectations and any notice period you have in your current role to firstname.lastname@example.org with Junior Digital Media Designer in the subject heading.