Dazed Events portfolio ranges from exclusive and intimate dinners, fashion week parties, festivals, panel discussions, screenings, live music events and launch parties.
Department: Events, Marketing, P.R & Branding
Reporting to: Marketing Director, Dazed Group
Direct Reports: Marketing & Events Assistant
Location: Old Street, East London with national and international travel as required.
Terms: FTE, Monday to Friday, 10am - 6.30pm.
With exceptional attention to detail you will work across the event life cycle from generating the initial idea to on site management, post-event evaluation and reporting. Delivering an exceptional service to a portfolio of commercial client requires professional experience and proven skills in pitching and presenting, negotiation with clients and suppliers, communication, project and stakeholder management and event production.
With demonstrable experience managing high-end events in international and UK locations, you are a confident multi-tasker who can manage competing concerns across a number of complex events with a real drive and passion to deliver first class events on time and within budget, overseeing all event logistics and arrangements with internal and external support as required.
Duties, responsibilities & deliverables
- Represent Dazed Group at external meetings with clients acting as the main point of contact in collaboration with Advertising Account Manager to update client on project and event progress.
- Draft comprehensive event proposals working closely with the commercial team to include visual references, programming, venue details and costings.
- Manage all aspects of production (pre/during/post) coordinating in-house team, managing agencies and delegating to onsite event staff.
- Drafting and circulating detailed timelines, project management flow charts, call sheets and event schedules internally and with the client driving on time delivery and quality control.
- Schedule and lead all planning meetings to oversee workflow and give clear direction on task assignments, circulating pre-meeting agenda, noting actions and follow up required.
- Draft and circulate event asset list - invitations, banners, vinyls – to production and design team ensuring all required information is supplied to deliver on time and to high spec.
- Oversee the creation of event content assets (exclusive films, digital content) liaising with editorial, design and video production team to supply information and coordinate sign off
- Source suitable venues and suppliers – production companies, catering, artists, transport, audio-visual, designers, staff - communicating requirements, negotiate agreements to ensure best value and exceptional service and oversee delivery.
- Ensuring we have signed contracts and agreements agreed and on file coordinating with Creative Projects Manager to ensure client contracts are in place.
- Budget management including forecasting, managing costs to deliver within agreed budget, raising PO’s, receiving invoices and reconciling costs post-event with the Finance Department.
- On-site management of events from build to get out coordinating and delivering event and staff briefings, troubleshooting ad hoc issues to deliver to agreed parameters.
- Increase revenue by maximizing event opportunities partnerships and sponsorship.
- Manage and mentor junior members of the team.
Skills, experience & personal attributes
- Personable and flexible you can maintain focus and keep calm when working under pressure delivering to tight deadlines.
- Strong numerical skills and proficiency in using excel spreadsheets to create budgets, spreadsheets and project management documents.
- Proven ability to confidently create presentations with short lead-time using Keynote.
- Demonstrable previous experience of delivering post-event analysis and evaluation.
- Digital PR knowledge and understanding of how digital and social feed into and out of live events.
- Adept at managing external PR agencies and appreciation of event related PR needs.
- Comfortable and confident working creatively with editorial whilst delivering commercial KPIs.
- Ability to collaborate closely with editorial to create thematic ideas for editorially driven events.
- Collaborate with commercial department to find budget solutions to editorially driven events.
- Holistic view and deep understanding of the impact of events on the global marketing strategy for the group.
- Diverse contacts and excellent networking skills.
How to apply
Please send you CV (maximum 2 pages) and a 1-page cover letter in pdf format to email@example.com
Email Subject Line: Events Manager
Closing Date: Extended until Tuesday 9th September 2014
We will endeavor to reply to every application but due to the high volume we can only guarantee replies to those candidates progressing to the next stage. We will try and ask for your patience!
* You must a VISA to live and work in the U.K
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.