You will provide workflow support to the Editorial team and daily updates on copy schedules for the commercial, editorial, design and production teams.
You will be aligned with the Production team, cutting and sub-editing text in Word docs and layout. You will help ensure the smooth flow of copy through departments and the on-time delivery of the magazine to the printers.
As Production Editor for Dazed Digital, you will apply the same rigour and quality control to the website to ensure continuity of style, tone and copy quality across our platforms.
Duties, responsibilities and deliverables
• Responsible for delivering copy to a consistently high standard and in house style in Dazed and Dazed Digital
• Applying and updating the Dazed print and digital style guides and communicating changes to the editorial team
• Organising copy-editing, proofreading, and indexing for Dazed magazine, and creating pdfs and editing copy in InDesign
• Acting as the key point of contact with editors during production and communicating daily updates to ensure on time submission of content and adherence to deadlines.
• Managing costs and schedule to ensure magazines are delivered on schedule, on budget and to a high quality
• Liaising closely with internal colleagues during the production process to ensure all information is accurate, current and available
• Sub-editing and fact-checking all copy to ensure accuracy, and cutting and sub-editing in layout. Editing and supplying heads, sells and captions as required
• Supporting the rest of the Production team with the smooth flow of copy through editorial, fashion and photo departments
• Providing support on workflow, copy and schedules between the Advertising, Creative Projects, Editorial, Design and Production teams
• Provide sub-editing and copy-checking services to Dazed White Label and Creative Projects as requested
• Generating occasional pieces of copy as required
• Generating contents pages and other template pages
Skills, experience and personal attributes
• Proven track record in a similarly complex role as Production Editor or Sub-Editor
• Familiarity with digital subbing and production essential
• Excellent communication skills
• Exceptional copy-editing and proof-reading skills
• Ability to manage a busy and varied workload to strict deadlines and to motivate others to meet deadlines
• Professional experience of InDesign essential
• Passion for music, art, fashion and youth culture
• An understanding of digital developments both inside and outside publishing
Please submit your CV (pdf format, no longer than 2 pages) and cover letter to jobs[at]dazedgroup.com with Production Editor Role in the subject line.
Submission date for applications: Tuesday 8th July 2014
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.