Front End Web Developer
Dazed Group is looking for a technically minded Front End Web Developer to join our Digital Development team working with the latest technologies from our offices in East London. You will be responsible for developing and enhancing our magazine sites. This role offers technically savvy, motivated and creative candidates the opportunity to bring exciting development ideas to fruition while maintaining and refining form, functionality and user experience across Dazed Group’s bespoke sites for readers and commercial clients; dazeddigital.com, anothermag.com. Our ideal candidate will have a Multimedia or Interaction Design or similar qualification. This is a technical role in a creative environment so a media or creative agency background would be advantageous.
Required technical skills and experience:
• At least 1-2 yrs web development experience
• Adobe Creative Suite with high proficiency in Photoshop
Bonus skills and experience:
• Knowledge of back-end technologies (ASP.NET MVC, PHP, WordPress)
• Version control (Mecurial or Git)
• Testing (QUnit or Jasmine)
The role requires you to:
• Write standards-compliant code including testing/debugging in multiple browsers and platforms
• Work with Graphic Designer & Digital Art Director to translate visual concepts into functional websites, microsites, HTML emails, and interactive ads
• Take Adobe CS files and activate them as an intuitive, functional experience on web and mobile platforms
• Creating mockups and visualisations for features/projects
• Creating static and animated assets to support editorial
Desirable Personal Attributes:
• Knowledge of the Dazed Group titles and a keen interest in music, fashion and youth culture
• Attention to detail for technical and creative elements
• Passion for latest technologies
• Ability to work on your own initiative and contribute within a collaborative team
Please send your CV / cover letter and work samples / portfolio to email@example.com, with subject line Front End Web Developer.
This is full-time, permanent role offering a Competitive Salary.