Get Dazed direct to your inbox
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our magazine sites and administration systems. This role offers technically savvy, motivated and creative candidates the opportunity to bring exciting development ideas to fruition while maintaining and refining form, functionality and user experience across Dazed Group’s bespoke sites; dazeddigital.com, anothermag.com. Our ideal candidate will have a Computer Science degree or similar qualification. This is a technical role in a creative environment so a media or creative agency background would be advantageous.
• Provide accurate timing estimates on work and deliver swift turnarounds on projects
• Contribute to pitch, technical specification and instructional documents
• Participate in discussions around technical best practices and help identify optimal technical solutions
• Transform design visuals into web based applications
Must-have core skills and experience:
• 2 yrs + web development experience
• C#/ASP.NET, MVC5, MS SQL Server and T-SQL
• Object Orientated Development
Experience in 3 or more of these bonus skills required:
• TDD using NUnit or similar
• Windows Azure / AWS
• Mecurial / Git
Desirable personal attributes:
• Knowledge of the Dazed Group titles and platforms with an interest in music, fashion and youth culture
• Passion for latest technologies
• Demonstrated ability to work on your own initiative and contribute within a collaborative team
Please send your CV (2 pages max) and a cover letter (1 page) with relevant work samples / portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with Web Developer Role in the subject line by 4pm on Friday 31st January 2013.
This is full-time, permanent role offering a Competitive Salary in a great working environment.
No Agencies Please.