Dazed Digital is looking for a news writer who is plugged into the digital underground and is able to report from the fringes of the online community. We’re looking for a writer who totally understands our savvy, switched-on demographic and is able to write wittily and knowledgeably across a wide range of topics, from art and politics to fashion and tech.
You’ll be familiar with using social networks and sites such as Twitter, Reddit and 4Chan to source breaking news before it reaches mainstream media outlets like Gawker or Buzzfeed.
The ideal candidate will be a digital native and obsessive, with a proven track record at writing and uploading shareable digital content that prompts debate and reader interaction. They will be an excellent, accurate and speedy writer, and have a strong understanding of what makes content compulsive and shareable for the Dazed audience.
Based in our East London office, the role is initially in a freelance capacity for a period of three months with a view to extending into a permanent role, results dependent.
· Write five short, topical news articles daily about fashion, the arts and digital youth culture that are optimised for search and shareable
· Be plugged into the daily trending conversation on Twitter & be able to respond at speed
· Work with news editor to ensure content is on brand and appeals to Dazed audience
· Work with visual team to create news items with a strong visual focus on image and video formats
· Proven experience of writing and producing digital content that will get viral traffic
· Background of working in an online newsroom in a journalistic capacity
· Strong understanding of Dazed audience and brand
· Established social footprint
· Ability to think strategically about seeding content
· Strong understanding of the digital landscape
· Willingness to respond quickly and fully to trending news
· Full of energy, passion & enthusiasm
To apply: Please send your CV (2 pages max) and a 200 word topical news story to email@example.com with [Your Name] News Writer Role in the subject line.
Postion Closed. Thanks for your interest in working at Dazed. Please keep in touch for future openings.