Job Title: News Editor
Level: Junior – Associate
Location: Old Street, East London
Type/Hours: Full-time, Mon - Fri, 10am - 6.30pm
Closing Date for applications: Friday June 14th 2013
What does the role involve?
• Shape and oversee the News section of Dazed Digital.
• Respond swiftly to current and cultural events by writing, subbing and uploading daily stories relevant to our audience.
• Commission writers to contribute content, manage the commissioning process from initial brief to final edit ensuring on time delivery of submissions.
• Proofread and sub commissioned articles and source appropriate images to accompany stories.
• Develop and grow a network of contacts including writers, contributors, creatives and PRs.
• Ensure Dazed Style and tone of voice is applied consistently across all platforms and communicate our perspective to contributors.
• Support the Social Media Editor and collaborate with the Marketing team to amplify assets through our social media networks and other channels.
• Contribute ideas and pitch stories into the features and blogs sections of Dazed Digital.
What key skills and experience do you need to have?
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Experience writing and editing on established websites, blogs and/or publications.
• Proven idea generation, pitching, feature commissioning and subbing experience.
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
• Knowledge of content management systems.
• Extensive experience and knowledge of culture, music, fashion, media and blog sites.
• Proven social media experience in a media or related environment desirable.
• Deep knowledge of and interest in a broad range of subjects from fashion to politics, current events to sub cultures.
Qualifications: Degree in English, Media, Communications or related discipline.
What personal attributes are we looking for?
• A passion for fashion, art, youth culture, music and design.
• A passion for online journalism and multimedia story-telling.
• Confident working independently as well as productively in a team.
• Open to sharing ideas and learnings, accepting constructive feedback from your team to benefit you, your team and our projects.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to engage colleagues and clients.
• Calm under pressure and eager to work in a fast paced environment.
• Able to take a wide view seeing how your contribution fits into the whole while paying close attention to detail.
How to apply?
⁃ Send your CV (no longer than 2 pages) and a pitch proposal for 3 news stories to run on Dazeddigital.com.
⁃ Outline in your proposal how Dazeddigital should cover these stories in a manner that resonates with our audience.
Please email your CV and pitch proposal to jobs[at]dazedgroup[dot]com with the subject line DD News Editor.
Closing date: Friday 14th June 2013.