Dazed Group are seeking an ambitious Advertising Director with the vision, skills and experience to develop and launch the newest web platform in the group’s digital product line. Reporting to the Commercial Director, candidates will have best in class experience in advertising sales in the fashion media sector and excellent knowledge of the digital media landscape. In addition, you will own the strategic planning and business development aspects of a project to launch a cutting edge digital platform where Europe’s most revered fashion bloggers, curated by Dazed, live together under one roof creating a power-house of individual fashion voices. This role requires digital advertising sales, commercial business development, people and project management skills and experience. This is an exceptional role offering candidates the unique opportunity to drive the creation and launch of an original digital concept with the support of one of the world’s leading creative media and publishing houses.
Responsibilities of the role
• Devise and drive comprehensive strategy for new platform launch and new business development.
• Creates initial sales tools and lead road-show pitching platform to clients and agencies.
• Provide necessary leadership, planning, communication and control activities to ensure timely delivery.
• Actively source and acquire new business and formulate plans to extend client portfolio.
• Establish and maintain productive relationships with clients and agencies regularly updating them on product and platform developments.
• Develop and nurture a relevant network of industry and creative contacts to facilitate business development and project support.
• Analyse competitor platforms, trade press and keep up to date with trends and innovations impacting media planning and implement enhancements to platform.
• Represent the brand at Fashion Weeks and relevant press days to promote the platform, build relationships and generate sales.
• Respond to client briefs, write proposals and attend presentations as required. Prepare budgets and submit estimates for promotional brand collaborations, advertorials and partnerships in conjunction with the fashion and editorial departments.
• Build strong productive internal working relationships with our design, fashion, editorial and digital departments ensuring adherence to project timelines and deliverables.
• Expert at updating and maintaining internal CMS and booking sheets and circulating relevant documents in a timely fashion.
• Assist with annual budget development in allocated specialist sectors.
• Updating target sheets with agreed month end final figures.
Experience and Skills
• 3 + years experience and track recors in digital and media sales to clients and agencies in the luxury, fashion, media, music and lifestyle sectors.
• Experience selling branded content and collaborating on multidisciplinary editorial, fashion, digital and design teams to develop creative solutions for clients and brand partners.
• Business development and project management experience.
• Understanding of online advertising, publishing and new media innovations.
• Knowledge and appreciation of the fashion, lifestyle and luxury sectors and culture.
Please send your CV / cover letter email@example.com, with subject line Advertising Director: Fashion Networks Europe
This is full-time, permanent role with an immediate start offering a Competitive Salary and opportunities for growth and development in a dynamic, creative working environment.
Based in London, Dazed Group is a multi-platform publisher and creative services agency established by Jefferson Hack and Rankin. Our flagship print titles are Dazed & Confused, AnOther and AnOther Man magazines. The reach and influence of our iconic titles is amplified through our cutting edge websites Dazeddigital.com and AnotherMag.com.