Dazed Digital is expanding its in-house video production capability and needs smart, fast, ambitious people to push growth and build success. The Video Commissioning Editor is a vital role for this expansion in taking the Dazed Voice and Values to an online audience. Working from our London office, a strong candidate will have:
- Experience in creating original content ideas for Editorial and branded film/programme series
- Generate and develop content ideas under the guidance of the Dazed editorial team that will excite the Dazed audience and be in keeping with brand values
- Have a network of filmmakers, industry contacts and the confidence to approach possible partners, networks or talent directly
- Specific interest in nurturing and connecting with young emerging talent
- Be able to shoot and edit video content
Commercial packaging and sales experience
- A strong interest of current online trends with the ability to identify the right opportunity for sponsor/partner brands
- Ability to speak the language of advertising media and support the sales and marketing team with appropriate content packaged pitches
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- have a good understanding of social media and how it can be utilized, audience interaction and syndication
- Experience in dealing with talent agents, contracts and production deliverables
- Manage a team and work flexibly with Lo-fi to high-fi budgets, £50- £50,000
- Oversee and manage financial budgets of all external and internal productions
- Experience and knowledge of legal requirements of productions, distribution and syndication of content material.
- Ability to work with executive producers and the senior team on strategy and implementation
- Flexible in management styles, can self motivate and adapt quickly to ever changing priorities and demands (flexible)
- Highly motivated and ability to motivate others to get stuff done
Reporting to the Editor in Chief & Creative Director of Dazed Digital.
To apply send your CV, cover letter and show reel to email@example.com by Sunday 9th December.