June 2009: An American Psycho-inspired bloody preview of autumn/winter 2009 menswear collections shot by Matt Irwin and styled by Robbie Spencer.
From American Psycho
When looking through potographer Matt Irwin's shoot in the new June issue of Dazed, you can't help but think of Patrick Bateman and his victims. Or, indeed, one of his warped soliloquies about the taks of murdering people. Also reminiscent of the abudant artery splashes in any one of Dario Argento's films, the shoot is an out-ant-out gore-fest. "There are obvious nods to American Psycho in the story," says Irwin. "But what i really wanted to get across was a feeling of decomposition - of a situation degrading, becoming worse and irreversible."
James Yeomans with was also there to film the blood and gore...
You need to have the Macromedia Flash plugin installed to be able to play this video.
Photography Matt Irwin
Styling Robbie Spencer
Hair Tomo Jidai at Jed Root using Shu Uemura "Art of Hair"
Make Up Ayami Nishimura at Jed Root using MAC Cosmetics
Model Artur at Elite
Photographic Assistants Nathan Fuschia, Jonathan Tasker
Styling Assistants Elizabeth Fraser-Bell, Grace Joel
Hair Assistant Zoe Argiros
Location 1 Kingsland Road
1. Jacket by Balenciaga by Nicolas Ghesquiere; Bodysuit by JW Anderson; Glasses by Tom Ford
2. Jacket and Shirt by Prada; Trousers by Gareth Pugh Homme; Eyepatch by Thierry Mugler; Tie by Dolce & Gabbana; Document Folio by Mulberry, Diary by Smythson
3. Suit by Dior Homme; Jumper by Givenchy Homme by Riccardo Tisci; Shirt by Dolce & Gabbana; Suspender Belt and Gloves by Atsuko Kudo; Mask Stylist's Own; Briefcase by Dunhill
4. Jumper by Hugo; Jacket by Tim Hamilton; Shorts and Stockings by Atsuko Kudo; Mask by Gemma Slack
5. Harness by Jaiden RVA James, Trousers by Gucci
6. Jacket by Jaiden RVA James; Bodysuit by JW Anderson
7. Trench by Kenzo Homme, Jacket by Jitrois, Shirt by Dolce & Gabbana; Trousers by Les Hommes; Bow Tie by Masatomo
8. Glasses by Tom Ford
9. Jacket and Scarf by D&G; Apron by Alexander McQueen
10. Shirt by Diesel; Briefs by Topman; Tie by Dolce & Gabbana